CBD is the key to this heavenly crust. To create a crisp crust on the bottom, Chef Matt partially bakes the pie shell before adding the filling. If the edge starts to darken too much, cover it with a pie shield or strips of foil. This is a great crust for Chef Matt’s Cannabis Sweet Potato Pie.
- 1 ½ cups white whole wheat flour
- ¾ tsp fine sea salt
- 6 tbsp Chef Matt’s CBD & CBG Infused Olive Oil, 90mg CBD
- 3 tbsp cold water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk the oil with the water until light in color, about 15 seconds. (I use a fork right in the liquid measuring cup. Immediately and all at once, pour the mixture over the flour and stir with a fork until all of the flour is mixed with the liquids.
- Work gently with your hands until the dough holds together. (Add a bit more water, a teaspoon at a time, if needed, but be careful–too much moisture takes away from the flaky texture. Know that the dough will always be crumbly but will become a beautiful pastry once in the pan.
- Press the dough evenly on the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch fluted tart pan with a removable rim, patching in the thin spots with dough you pull from where there is more. Use your thumb to break off the excess dough at the top edge, and make sure there is ample dough up the sides for study edges.
- Pre-bake 20 to 25 minutes to set the crust. Alternatively, fill with filling and bake immediately without pre-baking
Chef Matt’s THC and CBD cooking products can be found at a dispensary near you. Visit chefmattcooks.com for more info about Chef Matt’s products and services.